Kast's watch party platform allows you to stream and share content with friends and family, video and text chat, and pick content from Kast TV and play it for the whole watch party. As a facilitator of these communities, we aim to provide an environment where everybody feels welcome to share what they love with their friends. These guidelines are for all Kast applications, websites and Kast-managed servers, and other platforms such as but not exclusively Discord, Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit.
To connect friends and family regardless of device or location. Create, curate, and consume content in watch parties while experiencing joyful moments with those you love, every single day. Play. Watch. Be Together.
Prohibited Content Summary
We provide an environment that enables you to share content with your friends, but our team does not actively monitor the content on the platform and we are not responsible for any streaming, chat, videos, or other content that is seen in private parties. In order to be consistent with our Terms of Service, we expect all community members and especially the party owners, mods, and admins to uphold these standards. In the event Parties are not self-monitoring we may intervene.
Examples of Prohibited Content
- Impersonating someone in a misleading or deceptive manner
- Illegal content that violates any laws or regulations
- Posting personal information of others without consent that threatens, harasses, falsely advertises, or encourages others to do any of the prior
- Sexual content involving minors, even if animated or digitally altered
- NSFW content in your profile (name or picture) - if visiting public watch parties
- Any pornography or excessive nudity in public watch parties
Violence and Hate
- Threats, harassment, false advertising, or encouraging others to participate in any of these activities
- Promoting or glorifying suicide or self-harm, including cutting, anorexia, bulimia, or other eating disorders
- Promoting or glorifying animal cruelty
- Sharing images or videos of gore, terrorism, catastrophic injury, or graphic violence
- Hate speech that directly attacks a person or group on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, religion, disability, disease, age, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity
Examples of Unacceptable Actions
The following list are actions that will not be tolerated on Kast. Participating in any of these activities can lead you to being immediately removed from the platform, having any pending funds forfeited to Kast and if appropriate having the content given to law enforcement for legal action.
- Creating multiple accounts to evade punishment, avoid restrictions or otherwise disguise yourself in attempts to contact someone who has blocked you
- Creating spam accounts for the sake of annoying or spamming community members with requests
- Circumventing tools that enable community members to protect themselves or repeatedly target community members with unwanted requests or messages
- Failing to label your party as “NSFW” if the content is inappropriate for kids under 18
- Sharing sexually suggestive or violent content related to minors. Do not share or post links to images that depict minors or underage individuals engaged in violent, sexually suggestive, pornographic, shameful, or otherwise inappropriate situations, even in illustrated or digitally altered form
- Sharing sexually explicit content of other community members without their consent
- Sharing or promoting revenge porn
Violence and Hate
- Sharing or threatening to share personal information of another community member - this includes but is not limited to home address, phone number, email, social security number, videos, and photos
- Coordinating, organizing, or participating in any form of harassment towards another member
- Threatening a community member with digital harm including but not limited to viruses, hacking, or spying
- Sharing or linking to content with the intent to shame or degrade another individual
Kast user names are provided on a first-come, first-serve basis. This means that if a name is available, the first person to register that name will be able to claim it.
Your username may be changed without notice if:
- You violate Trademark laws
- You impersonate another staff, community member, or brand
- Your username is sexually explicit and you visit public watch parties
- Your username contains profanity, hate speech, and racial slurs
- If the account is inactive, (you have not logged into the Kast app), for 12 months, Kast may close the account and release the user name for reuse to another member
Participating in any of these activities can lead to your immediate removal from the platform, having any pending funds forfeited to Kast, and if appropriate having content given to law enforcement for legal action. The following list is a compilation of these actions prohibited on Kast. We take our community standards seriously and have the right to take action against any behavior that violates our guidelines at any time.
Actions we may take:
- Issue a warning to your account
- Ask you to remove any inappropriate content
- Change the content rating to NSFW without warning if you have not properly tagged your party
- Delete a watch party you have created
- Remove your streaming privileges
- Remove content being posted in any form
- Suspend or hold of your funds
- Delete your parties
- Suspend or disable your Kast account as needed to protect the community
To report behavior or content inconsistent with any of these Community Standards, please use the on-site reporting functionality: Report a Member ||
Report a Party
For urgent, or more detailed issues, you may also choose to send an email to:
Last updated on December 15th, 2022.